||‘Everyone Home Safe’ – An encapsulation of the right for everyone to return from work safely and promote their wellbeing; this applies to Dron & Dickson staff and all who come in to contact with our work activities. Our systems, processes and cultures coupled with our supply and services ensures people, plant and the environment are kept safe. The primary purpose of this role is to ensure sound financial practice within the Engineering Services department to provide a safeguard against unethical or incorrect financial practices and therefore help to increase assurance for Dron & Dickson whilst promoting employee wellbeing and innovation by cultivating an environment that encourages employees to develop and learn, to boost employee satisfaction and productivity.
||The primary objective of this role is to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting within our engineering department, whilst providing ongoing support in relation to project and contract costings. This role requires building a partnership and strong relationships with the Engineering Services team and providing support for commercial decision making.
|Our Culture & Values:
Our Values aim to underpin and create a positive culture and working environment as well as set behavioural expectations. We are committed to investing in our workforce as we recognise people as our greatest asset. Contribution towards the companies’ culture and core values are required as part of this role.
Our Value acronym AGILE represents qualities associated with being responsive, flexible and adaptable to change which collectively have been identified as key differentiators that offer us competitive advantage. The behaviours for each value are highlighted below:
Finance Manager, Engineering Services.
|Core Alignment Responsibilities:
- Understand and support the company's mission, vision and values
- Responsibility of personal learning, development and KPI completion
- Promote and proactively adhere to the companies core values in all day-to-day activities and interactions.
- Manage Engineering Services (ES) project accounting, invoicing & subsequent reporting.
- Oversee and approve contract customer invoicing where required.
- Oversee contract customer financial reporting (PO trackers and spend reports)
- Preparation of ES month end journals in line with finance dept timetables.
- Oversee/assist with the maintenance of ES Job Costing system.
- Production of monthly ES margin reports and other subsequent OPS reports for all cost centres
- Participation in ES budget preparation at sales & margin operational level.
- Monitoring of ES performance against budget, investigating and reporting on variances.
- Report financial performance of projects after completion, provide support with investigation & learnings on low margin projects.
- Assist with reporting & reviewing ES proposal data, analysing win/loss trends and actively look for improvements.
- Support Finance Manager with analysis on client contracts and provide support on annual rate review calculations.
- Maintain monthly customer ES & Wholesale rebate schedules.
- Provide holiday cover for ES Finance Assistant’s when required, covering contract invoicing/reporting and offshore payroll/PSC’s.
- Pro-actively seek efficiency improvements & cost saving opportunities to improve financial performance with ES and the wider company.
- Adhere to company confidentiality policy as set out in contract of employment, with particular emphasis on non-divulgence of sensitive financial information to anyone outside the finance dept.
- To maintain good communications with internal & external clients.
- To take a proactive approach to continuous improvement and development of the company’s systems and processes.
- Ad hoc duties as requested by management.
- Travel will be necessary to ensure delivery of business needs.
- Social and business networking is expected.
- Comply with all Dron & Dickson’s integrated managements system including all policies and Procedures
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting
- Ensure all health and safety training is undertaken within the team
- Act ethically and with integrity
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to proactively build good working relationships internally and externally
- Highly Competent in the use of Word, Excel & PowerPoint and the use of ERP systems.
- Ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to present information to management
- Articulate, dynamic, energetic and delivery focused
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work under pressure
- Ability to represent Dron & Dickson in a positive and effective manner
- Take responsibility for managing personal performance and results
- Exceptionally good analytical skills, an ability to translate raw information into actionable strategies and initiative
|Core Training & Qualifications:
- QBE / Part Qualified – preferably working towards CIMA/ACCA
- Higher education qualifications in business or finance
The opportunity to undertake development and progression opportunities via a personal development plan is linked to this role.
The successful candidate will have experience in job costing and qualified by experience / part qualified, preferably working towards CIMA/ACCA.